Type of task force
2020 Annual Report
The PVRI were delighted to sponsor The International multi-centre Support Study (survey on pulmonary hypertension in diffuse respiratory diseases) in its first year. Created and co-ordinated by Lucilla Piccari (Barcelona), Patrizio Vitulo (Palermo) and John Wort (London) the study aims to collect data on group 3 PH patients from Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom. This will provide a better understanding of the different phenotypes within this broad PH group.
The Work of the first year has established:
- A network of centres to study Group 3 PH in the three countries.
- A survey across the three national networks, with details on the PH units and potential number of patients which could be enrolled in the study.
- Methods and outcomes of the imaging analysis to be carried out on the enrolled patients
- Creation of an IT platform to store data.
- Preliminary data from three centres (IRCCS ISMETT, Palermo - Italy; IRCCS, San Matteo, Pavia - Italy; National Pulmonary Hypertension Service, Royal Brompton Hospital, London -United Kingdom) and the REHAR Registry (Spain), which has been presented to the European Respiratory Society Congress (September 2020).
Eastern European Report
Here is information about our activity during this year:
- 21-25 September we held the Ukrainian Congress of Cardiology in digital format
- 23 September was dedicated to Pulmonary Hypertension (including CTEPH)
2019 Annual Report
In 2019, the European PVRI Task Force creating networks between European and International Colleagues and collaborated on clinical projects in the field of pulmonary hypertension (PH) – the central objective that the European Task Force, and PVRI as a whole, considers of outstanding importance.
As in previous years, many efforts in 2019 have been dedicated to this cause:
In Pulmonary Hypertension Group 3
The PVRI is sponsoring the international "SUPPORT" project, led by Lucilla Piccari, Patrizio Vitulo and John Worth, aimed at clarifying the phenotype of specific pulmonary hypertension patients.
The feasibility of the study was extensively discussed with the representatives of a dozen centres of the Italian Pulmonary Hypertension Network (iPHNET) and experts in the management of the third pulmonary hypertension group. Lucilla Piccari presented this project during the 2nd meeting of the European PVRI Task Force.
In PH Group 2
The international multicentre collaboration is aimed at gaining insights on reversibility or irreversibility of pulmonary hypertension is moving forward, with results projected for 2020/21.
In PH Group 1
The international multicentre collaboration on pathophysiological objectives which will never be the aims of randomised clinical trials is also moving forward. Results are also projected 2020/21.
The second meeting of the European Task Force was held at Acireale in October. Again, as in 2017, the wonderful Sicily has hosted some of the best known PVRI scientists, discussing hot topics in the field of pulmonary hypertension.
The presentations of the meeting can be found in the PVRI website, accompanied by a short but focused comment prepared by Valentina Mercurio.
- During the Russian Congress of Cardiology – a branch of the European Society of Cardiology – held in Kiev, Ukraine (24-26 September 2019), the PVRI Eastern Europe Task Force, led by Yuriy Sirenko, held a session dedicated to pulmonary hypertension.
- Held in the Olympic Stadium Congress, Dr Abdullah Aldalaan, King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center (Saudi Arabia), presented the following talk: ‘SAUDI Pulmonary Hypertension Registry: Compared to west registries’.