PVRI MembersSign in and register
Registration now open for the PVRI Annual World Congress on PVD 2019
We are delighted to announce that this year's organising committee comprises of:
- Joan-Albert Barbera, University of Barcelona
- Sébastien Bonnet, Laval University
- Anna Hemnes, Vanderbilt University
- Christophe Guignabert, University of Paris-Sud
- Steeve Provencher, Laval University
- Soni Savai-Pullamsetti, University of Giessen
1st Symposium of the International Consortium for Genetic Studies in PAH
We are pleased to announce that the first scientific meeting of the International Consortium for Genetic Studies in PAH (PAH-ICoN http://www.pahicon.com), sponsored by the PVRI, will be held in Barcelona, Spain, on 4 & 5 February 2019.
A word from Lead Scientific Organiser, Nick Morrell
Why is this meeting exciting?
This is the inaugural scientific meeting of the International Consortium for the Genetics of PAH (PAH-ICON), which is a collaboration between more than 30 centres around the world.
What were the reasons driving the need for the Consortium?
Advances in human genetics have made it possible to identify the genetic factors that cause PAH, contribute to disease susceptibility, or predict clinical outcomes and response to therapy. Such studies need large numbers of patients and international collaboration to provide a collective resource and expertise in genetics and functional genomics. This Consortium will bring together investigators and trainees, who wish to contribute to this exciting initiative, to share results and approaches and plan for the future.
We do encourage all those interested in the event that they attend the PVRI Annual World Congress on PVD, which takes place just a few days before. PVRI meetings have long been positively characterised for their intimate and open forum that allow professionals from all ages, backgrounds and disciplines to contribute to the global discussion on the management of pulmonary vascular diseases.
The Congress will be held at the Crowne Plaza hotel, Av. de Rius i Taulet, 1, 08004 Barcelona, Spain.
Abstract submissions now open
- Abstract submission should be emailed, as a Word document (or pdf), Arial font 11, with no more than 300 words (abstract title, authors and institutions are not to be considered in calculating the wordage), to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All correspondence relating to abstracts will be undertaken by email with the first named author / registered presenter, so it is their responsibility to communicate any relevant information regarding the submitted abstract and the congress to the other authors.
- The accuracy of the submitted abstract is the responsibility of the authors, so authors should prepare and proofread their abstracts carefully before submitting to ensure it is the final version.
- There is no fee for abstract submission but you must have an active PVRI membership.
We will let you know if your abstract has been accepted by 7 December 2018. Further information will be provided to authors on or before this date.
- 11 September 2018 // Abstract submissions open
- 16 November 2018 // Abstract submissions close at 23:59
- 3 December 2018 // Successful abstracts will be notified.