Registration now closed for the PVRI Annual World Congress on PVD 2019
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any registration queries.
The registration fee includes:
- all conference materials;
- a special print edition with relevant peer-review articles of Pulmonary Circulation, the only journal dedicated to PH;
- all refreshments, lunches as stipulated in our programme, which I attach for ease, including networking reception with cocktails on Day 1;
- access to posters and 15 awards for best posters;
- access and invitation to all pre-and post-meetings, including attendance to the 1st Symposium of the International Consortium for Genetic Studies in PAH, and
- subsidised Gala Dinner, although a very small fee is payable on the night to secure a place.
We are delighted to announce that this year's organising committee comprises:
- Joan-Albert Barbera, University of Barcelona
- Sébastien Bonnet, Laval University
- Anna Hemnes, Vanderbilt University
- Christophe Guignabert, University of Paris-Sud
- Steeve Provencher, Laval University
- Soni Savai-Pullamsetti, University of Giessen
1st Symposium of the International Consortium for Genetic Studies in PAH
We are pleased to announce that the first scientific meeting of the International Consortium for Genetic Studies in PAH (PAH-ICoN http://www.pahicon.com), sponsored by the PVRI, will be held in Barcelona, Spain, on 4 & 5 February 2019.
A word from Lead Scientific Organiser, Nick Morrell
Why is this meeting exciting?
This is the inaugural scientific meeting of the International Consortium for the Genetics of PAH (PAH-ICON), which is a collaboration between more than 30 centres around the world.
What were the reasons driving the need for the Consortium?
Advances in human genetics have made it possible to identify the genetic factors that cause PAH, contribute to disease susceptibility, or predict clinical outcomes and response to therapy. Such studies need large numbers of patients and international collaboration to provide a collective resource and expertise in genetics and functional genomics. This Consortium will bring together investigators and trainees, who wish to contribute to this exciting initiative, to share results and approaches and plan for the future.
We do encourage all those interested in the event that they attend the PVRI Annual World Congress on PVD, which takes place just a few days before. PVRI meetings have long been positively characterised for their intimate and open forum that allow professionals from all ages, backgrounds and disciplines to contribute to the global discussion on the management of pulmonary vascular diseases.
The Congress will be held at the Crowne Plaza hotel, Av. de Rius i Taulet, 1, 08004 Barcelona, Spain.
Abstract submissions (now closed)
- Abstract submission should be emailed, as a Word document (or pdf), Arial font 11, with no more than 300 words (abstract title, authors and institutions are not to be considered in calculating the wordage), to: email@example.com.
- All correspondence relating to abstracts will be undertaken by email with the first named author / registered presenter, so it is their responsibility to communicate any relevant information regarding the submitted abstract and the congress to the other authors.
- The accuracy of the submitted abstract is the responsibility of the authors, so authors should prepare and proofread their abstracts carefully before submitting to ensure it is the final version.
- There is no fee for abstract submission but you must have an active PVRI membership.
We will let you know if your abstract has been accepted by 10 December 2018. Further information will be provided to authors on or before this date.
As in previous years, 15 Travel Grants of $500 each will be awarded to the best submissions. In addition to the Travel Grants, the winners of the 2 ‘Best Clinical Abstracts’ and the 2 ‘Best Basic Abstracts’ will also be presented with an official certificate at the PVRI Gala Dinner on Saturday 2 February 2019. We are also pleased to announce that The Butrous Foundation Young Investigator's award will be returning again this year in addition to the Travel Grant nominees. Please see below for full eligibility criteria and application process.
- If you would like to be considered for the 'Butrous Foundation Prize' and are a scientist under the age of 35, please indicate this detail when submitting to our team. Full eligibility criteria regarding the Butrous Foundation Prize can be found here.
- 11 September 2018 // Abstract submissions open
- 16 November 2018 // Abstract submissions close at 23:59
- 3 December 2018 // Successful abstracts will be notified.
The PVRI is pleased to announce that delegates are able to claim CME credits for attendance at this meeting.
“The 13th PVRI Annual World Congress on PVD, Barcelona, Spain, 30/01/2019-03/02/2019 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 23 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.”
“Through an agreement between the Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME® credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Information on the process to convert EACCME® credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/education/earn-credit-participation-international-activities.
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognised by the UEMS-EACCME® for ECMEC®s are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.”
Each participant can only receive the number of credits he/she is entitled to according to his/her actual participation at the event once he/she has completed the feedback form. Cf. criteria 9 and 23 of UEMS 2016.20.
In order to help you issue individual certificates to each participants, please find below the breakdown of ECMEC®s per day:
- 30.01.2019 - 0
- 31.01.2019 - 8
- 01.02.2019 - 4
- 02.02.2019 - 7
- 03.02.2019 - 4
The EACCME® awards ECMEC®s on the basis of 1 ECMEC® for one hour of CME with a maximum of 8 ECMEC®s per day. Cf. Chapter X of UEMS 2016.20.