The PVRI warmly invites you to attend the 1st Pulmonary Hypertension meeting, which will be held in Egypt, during the Annual Congress of the Egyptian Society of Chest and Tuberculosis (ESCT), on 2 April 2019.
We would like to thank Dr Aymen Farghaly, Senior Consultant of Pulmonary Medicine, Military Medical Academy, Director of PH Military Centre in Cairo, Egypt, for organising this exciting event.
Invited speakers, sponsored by the PVRI, include:
- Professor Majdy Idrees, Prince Sultan Riyadh Military Medical City, Saudi Arabia and Associate Professor of the University of British Columbia, Canada
- Dr Mario Gerges, Medical University of Vienna, Department of Internal Medicine II, Division of Cardiology
- Dr Reda Girgis, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
The PH meeting will cover the following topics:
- Definition, classification and pathogenesis of PAH, in view of updated guidelines
- Diagnosis and importance of a step wise algorithm up to RHC
- Different treatment approaches and when to use
- Portopulmonary hypertension
- Haemodynamic assessment of PH patients.
Following on from the meeting, there will be a PH workshop from 13:00-14:30 (1.5 hours), where all PVRI speakers are available for discussion and debates with the delegates.
The audience will be made up of mainly pulmonologists, with some cardiologists and radiologists.
For more information and to register please email: firstname.lastname@example.org