PVRI MembersSign in and register
Join us in Paris
On behalf of the PVRI, the Scientific Organisers Gérald Simonneau, Marc Humbert, Stuart Rich and John Newman warmly invite you to attend our 6th Annual Drug Discovery and Development Symposium being held during the summer in Paris.
This year, the Annual Drug Discovery & Development for Pulmonary Hypertension Symposium will take place in Paris. The meeting is held annually each summer to bring leading scientists in the fields of pulmonary vascular disease, right heart failure, and clinical trial designs together with the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory authorities to help identify the most promising treatments for future development.
The world's best, in one place
For each meeting, we assemble a faculty with exceptional achievements and expertise, and choose topics in areas that will influence the development of therapies immediately. Each topic will be critically reviewed by an expert panel, and open dialogue will allow your voice to be heard.
Like-minded people, working towards the same goals
This Symposium serves as a unique forum:
- for stakeholders interested in treatment of pulmonary vascular diseases for the sharing of cutting-edge science with the input of international thought leaders.
- for researchers involved in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension this meeting should stimulate new ideas and approaches.
- for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries that have an interest in pulmonary vascular diseases, right heart failure or orphan diseases, it is a meeting that should not be missed.
The meeting by design allows for opportunities for interaction among colleagues during the meeting and at the evening reception.
The event will be held at Le Méridien Etoile
Each delegate will receive a private link in an email shortly after registering, with the opportunity to book at the Symposium hotel at a reduced rate. Le Méridien Etoile is located around 30 minutes from Charles de Gaulle Airport.
The event will take place on 1 and 2 July 2019.
Government & regulatory registrations
If you are part of government or regulatory institution and would like to attend this event, please email email@example.com and we will be in touch with registration details as fees are waived.
Trainees are permitted to register to this meeting at the discounted rate of $95.00, provided that you are able to supply a letter of documentation certifying your status as a trainee. Please follow the normal registration at the top of this page and one of our staff will be in touch with you.
Featured session: Innovative Drug Development Initiative (IDDI): Open session 13:00 – 15:00, 2 July 2019
Welcome and introduction
- Updates from work streams:
- Clinical trial design
- Repurposing drugs
- Summary and next steps
About the IDDI
To create an organisation where scientific, clinical and regulatory information and ideas can be openly shared, discussed and harmonised between pharma, academia and regulators worldwide to help bring promising new orphan drugs, early to this critical group of rare disease PH patients.
Priorities for the next 3 to 5 years are to:
- Create and facilitate a platform to allow discussion and harmonisation of ideas between Pharma, Academia and Regulators to build awareness on the disease and explore options to early diagnosis and treatment.
- Explore innovative and suitable clinical trial designs, endpoints, biomarkers and repurposing drugs opportunities for different forms of PH.
- Leverage deep phenotyping programmes at PH specialised centres to inform and enrich new clinical trial designs based on patient subsets (“Personalised Medicine”).
- Explore acceleration potential of clinical trials to bring novel orphan drugs as soon as possible to this critically ill group of PH patient.
- Include the view of patients, regulators and nurses, and their advocacy groups.