In collaboration with The Dinosaur Trust, the Pulmonary Vascular Research Institute (PVRI) will provide research support to basic and clinical scientists investigating pulmonary arterial hypertension. The grants are intended to support research on BMPR2 mutations and related pathways with a focus on translational science.
To fund 2 research projects of 100,000 GBP each. Based on the requirements of the funding organisation (The Dinosaur Trust) and the goals of the Pulmonary Vascular Research Institute (PVRI), successful projects will focus on:
- Projects that focus on therapeutic approaches targeting BMPR2 mutations or pathways in pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)
- Studies that will lead to a cure for PAH
- Involve mentoring junior investigators in relevant methodology and PAH research.
Information for applicants
Established investigators are invited to apply by submitting a letter of intent (LOI) and, after review by the committee, the most promising applications will be invited to submit a full application. LOI and full applications will be through an online submission process.
Successful applicants must be members of the PVRI to be eligible for this award.
Letters of intent
Letters of Intent should be no longer than two pages, 11 point font with 0.5 inch margins. LOI should include the following items:
- Research hypothesis and specific aims
- Relevance of proposal to BMPR2 mutations or related pathways
- Discussion of how the proposed research may ultimately lead to a cure for PAH
- Applicants should demonstrate prior evidence of mentorship of post doctoral trainees as they work towards independent investigator status
- NIH-format biosketch should be included for the principal investigator and is not included in the two-page limit
All LOI should be sent to email@example.com
- 1 September 2017 by 23:59 GMT - Open call for LOI due
- 30 September 2017 - applicants will be notified if selected to submit a full application
- 15 November 2017 by 23:59 GMT - Successful applicants notified
- From January 2018 - Grants to be awarded
Grants Advisory Committee
The grants advisory panel will consist of the following people:
Jamie Strachan, Founder & Trustee, The Dinosaur Trust
Paul Corris, PVRI President 2016/17, University of Newcastle, UK
Paul Hassoun, PVRI President 2018/19, Johns Hopkins University, USA
Nick Morrell, University of Cambridge, UK
Anna Hemnes, Vanderbilt University, USA
Mandy MacLean, University of Glasgow, UK
Marc Humbert, Assistance Publique Hopital de Paris, France
Aaron Waxman, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA
Qadar Pasha, CSIR Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology, India