Achievements in 2017
- The PVRI Imaging Task Force consists of 30 members from across all continents. We are pleased to note the increasing number of younger members, as well as the growing membership from different communities including clinical, imaging, physics and modelling backgrounds.
- A comprehensive position statement is in advanced draft from with plans for submission in the first quarter of 2018.
- Pre-meeting Imaging Symposium for the Singapore PVRI meeting in January 2018 has been organised.
Strategy for 2018-20
Complete Phase 1. Start Phase 2.
To develop a comprehensive position statement for publication in
Pulmonary Circulation. The production of this document brings together experts in the field of imaging and pulmonary hypertension and is expected to act as a springboard for further collaborations.
The position statement includes a comprehensive document including:
- An overview of the current pulmonary hypertension landscape and the potential role for imaging.
- A review of established and emerging imaging modalities.
- Sections covering clinical challenges, radiology controversies, technical aspects, sharing and harmonisation of imaging protocols.
- Diagnostic and follow-up algorithms, (state of the art and approaches based on imaging availability).
Develop a web-based presence to signpost the reader to various imaging aspects in addition to developing a number of interactive illustrative imaging cases covering common scenarios and grey cases.
Roll out of centres of PH imaging excellence.
Goals for 2018-2019
PVRI Imaging Task Force Symposium on Sunday 21st January 2018 with international experts from clinical pulmonary hypertension, radiology and modelling presenting overview of important emerging imaging areas and summary of position statement.
PVRI Task Force meeting on Sunday 21 January 2018, following the Imaging Symposium with leads of each workstream to present completed sections to the group for refinement prior to incorporation in the final draft for submission.
- Plan to submit position statement to Pulmonary Circulation.
- July 2018
- Develop structure for a web-based educational programme.
- October 2018
- Collection of interactive imaging cases.
- Consider further Imaging Symposium and plan for the development of PVRI PH imaging centres of excellence (Phase 3).