The 3rd Latin American Symposium on PH in Children was held in Mexico, on 3-4 May 2019. It was well attended with 187 delegates from Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and Peru.
The faculty included 9 international speakers, and these were:
- Dr María Jesús del Cerro, Spain
- Dr Shahin Moledina,UK
- Dr Pei Ni Jone, United States
- Dr Dora Haag, Argentina
- Dr Gabriel Diaz, Colombia
- Dr Lina Maria Caicedo, Colombia
- Dr Usha Raj, United States
- Dr Santiago Ucros, Colombia
- Dr Jaime Alberto Franco, Colombia
We would like to thank the three PVRI sponsored speakers, Maria Jesus del Cerro Marin, Dunbar Ivy and Shahin Moledina, for their input and contributions.
On the first day of the three-day events, the following workshops took place:
- Basic echocardiography workshop
- Advanced echocardiography
- Cardiac magnetic resonance workshop.
Presentations and discussions that followed the over the two days on topics such as the following were extremely well received by the delegates:
- Clinic PAH
- Image in paediatric PAH
- PH in neonatology
- Surgery and intervention in congenital heart disease associated with PH
- Intensive care and PH.
Delegates had a stimulating and thought-provoking learning experience coupled with amazing South American hospitality and entertainment.
The Symposium Scientific Committee would like to extend their thanks and gratitude to the esteemed faculty for making this event a memorable one.
The 4th Latin American Symposium on PH in Children will take place in Panama City in 2021.