Dear friends and colleagues
In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, I would like to reach out to you on behalf of the PVRI.
The health and safety of our members and staff is of paramount importance and we have therefore made the difficult, but necessary decision to cancel or postpone two of our very successful annual events:
- The ATS-PVRI Get-together in Philadelphia, USA, scheduled for 19 May 2020.
- Our 7th Annual Drug Discovery & Development Symposium on Pulmonary Hypertension, to be held in Boston, USA, on 29-30 June 2020.
We will be in touch with those directly affected and refund all registration fees to those who have already registered. We thank you and the entire PVRI community for your understanding.
At this time, it is more important than ever that we stay united as a community. Whilst our scientific and social meetings are important in our mission, it is our online and virtual presence that we should now take advantage of.
Like me, many of you will be under great pressure, working around the clock in hospitals and healthcare services, caring for the most vulnerable patients. You may want to reach out to a colleague for some advice or just a chat. Please take advantage of our online directory, or some of our other services, which are available to all fully paid PVRI members:
- If you want to reach out to a PH colleague from around the world, you can use the online directory for contact details https://pvrinstitute.org/en/professionals/directory/
- You can access over 900 online learning materials, including the most recent lecture recording from our Annual World Congress in Lima, Peru https://pvrinstitute.org/en/professionals/learning/
- Our journal, Pulmonary Circulation, will continue to accept and publish articles. Here are the most recent articles https://pvrinstitute.org/en/pc-journal/explore-the-journal/
- Our online learning course, the PVRI Digital Clinic now includes 12 comprehensive patient cases. Please try out the course, we would greatly appreciate your feedback.
To access the Digital Clinic, please follow this link:
- You can view our most recent newsletter here:
- Our staff are here to help! The PVRI office remains fully open. Provisions have been made for staff to work from home, should this be necessary, and we will continue to respond to all your enquiries. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I would personally like to thank all our esteemed members and colleagues for your continued support, which is invaluable during these uncertain times.
With the very best wishes to all of you, your families and communities.